Cylynt is seeking to recruit a Senior Data Engineer, for our office in Dublin, with responsibility for the design, development, and deployment of a large-scale AWS Cloud-based Enterprise Data Integration and Data Processing solution.
The successful candidate must have a BSc in Computer Science, or a related discipline, with a minimum of 4 years development experience in Python (or similar) building scalable enterprise solutions in an AWS cloud environment. Experience with the use, deployment, and management of a mix of technologies in an AWS Cloud environment is required.
Cylynt provides SaaS based anti-piracy, license compliance and software monetization technology for the world’s leading software companies. Cylynt’s data-driven approach to software utilization enables technology companies to derive more value while protecting their intellectual property (IP). Cylynt helps clients make informed business decisions, correct licensing problems, and protect customers from unfair competition. With a solution for every budget, Cylynt’s innovative technologies organize, analyse, and interpret telemetry data into meaningful market insights and quality lead generation.
Core Role Responsibilities:
- Design and develop a cloud-based enterprise solution to connect multiple data feeds and repositories as part of a scalable data processing solution.
- Assure data quality using data cleansing techniques.
- System troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Continuous re-evaluation of existing data processing solutions to maintain optimal performance, data security, and availability.
- Documenting the configuration and operation of the data integration platform. ∙ Evaluation and adoption of suitable new technologies, for example, NoSQL and Graph Databases, Big Data tools.
- Other activities and responsibilities that may be deemed appropriate as required.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Scripting Skills: Strong scripting and automation skills in Python.
- Data Interchange: Developing with XML, JSON-based technologies.
- Web Services: Developing and integrating web services (ReST, SOAP).
- Big Data tools: Knowledge of one or more big data tools, for example, ElasticSearch, Apache Kafka, Redis.
- AWS Cloud: Experience developing/deploying in an AWS Cloud environment.
- Excellent English, verbal and written communication skills are essential.
Desirable Skills (Not essential but beneficial to have):
- Deployment Containerization: Knowledge of Docker/AWS ECS
- Relational Database Skills: Experience writing SQL for data ETL.
- Agile Methodologies: Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Monitoring Tools: Experience in integration of monitoring systems (Zabbix, CloudWatch, Kibana) with ETL services.
∙ BSc in Computer Science or another equivalent technical discipline.
Other Candidate Requirements:
- Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts and technologies.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, providing simple solutions to complex situations.
- Must be a strong team player and must also have the ability to self-manage workload.
- Must have the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically dispersed working environment.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary based on your ability and relevant experience.
- An excellent benefits package including bonus, healthcare and pension plan.
- A working environment and culture that encourages personal and professional development as well as creativity and innovation.
Authorization to work in the Republic of Ireland is required for this position.
Cylynt is an equal opportunity employer who supports diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for our employees.