Cylynt is a leading developer of anti-piracy and license compliance technology. We are an innovative start-up company that has already established itself as the preferred supplier to industry leading enterprise software companies. With comprehensive telemetry & business intelligence solutions, our technology allows our customers to track unlicensed corporate usage of their valuable software and convert unlicensed corporate users into paying customers.
Cylynt is seeking to recruit an Office Manager for our Los Angeles based office. This position is key to ensuring that Cylynt consistently exceeds our customers’ expectations as well as to provide support to the CEO of our US office and Finance Director of the Cylynt Group (based in Dublin).
The position handles and resolves a variety of complex, confidential, and time sensitive situations with professionalism and efficiency. The role is approximately split 80% supporting the US CEO on his sales, partner and customer interactions and 20% supporting the Finance Director in her responsibilities relating to the US.
The position requires a minimum of 4-6 years’ experience in a similar role. You must possess a combination of customer success skills, business acumen and general finance experience, as you will engage with multiple different stakeholders within our customers’ organizations.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Authorization to work in the United States is required for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides specialized administrative support to the CEO with all board activities, publications, proposals (managing through signage phase) and special events planning.
- Manages calendar of conference calls and meetings keeping in mind various time zones of the executives and attendees.
- Keeps CEO apprised of ongoing calendar changes, action items, messages, and relevant business issues both internal and external.
- Manages expense processes and prepares expense statements, generates purchase orders and updates vendor invoices to accounting system
- Performs financial analysis and various tasks for CFO
- Coordinates employee updates with human resources and maintains information on HRM system
- Coordinates offsite, high-profile meetings (taking minutes), space plans, off-sites and assists in the implementation of special events including creating and managing multifaceted lists, reconciliation of responses, scheduling, agenda creation, logistics and catering.
- Schedules appointments and relieves executives of administrative tasks.
- Reviews and routes incoming mail. Locates and attaches appropriate files to correspondence to be answered by the CEO.
- Prepares correspondence, presentations and other printed/online material making sure all details are in proper order and accounted for.
- Conducts research and compiles and prepares statistical reports.
- Orders and maintains supplies and arranges for equipment maintenance.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Detail Oriented: Exhibits good time management; Ability to stay organized when working in a fast paced environment while wearing multiple hats; Exceptional proofreading skills; Ability to foresee a few steps ahead and self-manage day to day workload.
- Technical Ability: The ability to rapidly learn about new concepts and technologies.
- Work to tight Deadlines: Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure and remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient.
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Professionalism: Ability to interact with high-profile clients, senior leadership, and colleagues at all levels of the organization. Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments; Ability to separate personal life from professional work environment.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time if not early. Hours are 8am-5pm Monday through Friday with reasonable flexibility.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly, professionally, and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates excellent group presentation skills; Participates in meetings. Ability to understand our technology and communicate its value to customers.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information effectively.
- Ethics: Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree and 4-6 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience; The ability to rapidly learn about new concepts and technologies.
- Language Ability: Expert level English communication skills. Ability to prepare, read and comprehend complex and detailed correspondence.
- Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to exercise and apply a high degree of discretion, initiative, and judgment. Comfortable dealing with a large range of internal and external high-level personnel, executives, organizations and confidential data.
- Computer Skills: Advanced skills/knowledge in the following programs, or their functional equivalents, preferable
* Microsoft Office Suite * Google Suite * Hubspot * Concur * Proposify * Xero * Dropbox * Bamboo * Last Pass
Work Environment and Physical Demand characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. functions. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds .
Travel Requirements: Some travel to customer sites will be required.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Cylynt is an equal opportunity employer who supports diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for our employees.